Monday, January 03, 2005

Giovanna

I made the frame for Giovanna's portrait out of strips of corrugated cardboard, sprayed gold, and trimmed the edges with decorative scissors. I made her necklace with tiny gold lame' cord and tied on a red jewel (actually a translucent bead.) The sign on the frame was stamped and embossed with gold powder. I cut out the profile on the right side, wrote on it with McCaffery's ink and a Nikko pointed pen nib in a simplified Spencerian script. Then I aged it with Judikin's color duster brushes and Adirondack inks in butterscotch, caramel, and currant. Doesn't it make you hungry to read those color names? The profile is actually just the shape of a face which overlaps the next page, but I had to put a piece of black paper underneath it for scanning purposes.

No comments: